Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Beginnings

I've been brewing for a little over two years. And with 22 batches brewed, 20 bottled, 8 fully consumed and lost to all but my memory and my homebrew log I have finally started to write about it. It all started with a ready-made kit from the homebrew shop. Just like any other beginning brewer there were mistakes - even in an extract batch. The first, and most painful in hindsight, was that I used the yeast from the kit. It hurts just thinking about it. Since then i've moved on to liquid yeast and yeast starters and all is good in the hood. After the first kit it only took me one more batch to move to mini-mash brewing. Started with 3# a batch and moved up to 4# from there. 13 batches and 20 months - to the day I might add - later I started the inevitable move to all-grain. And with 7 all-grain brew days behind me I maybe now have a grasp of what i need to do.

So my plan is this: write about my homebrew life and all the challenges, frustrations, triumphs and pure ecstasies that come with this amazing hobby. My hope is to educate, entertain and maybe even excite you about a world that you may know all to well or not well at all. And maybe, if i'm lucky, educate myself. And thus begins my homebrew blog.

Happy Brewing,
Padge

No comments:

Post a Comment